Thursday, February 9, 2012

Goodnite Moon

Last night, My lovely and super smart 5 year old boy, Aidan pointed out the front window of the car saying that's where we live. So, i was extremely confused and asked him "what?"... he repeated it again and again and then finally i lifted the visor in my car and saw the full moon. I said to him "oh! the moon?" he said- "no mom!! it's the earth!! .... So much for Oklahoma public schools, and the 4 years he spent in private schools!!



So, i explained to him what it was and why it "shined". The whole conversation lasted quite a few miles. He said to me "Your right, momma, cuz the earth is rainbow". WELL... lol!! See he just got a couple globes from his papa the other day and we all know that on globes- the earth is rainbow! :) So, then the convo went to explaining this.



All in all, this 15 minute drive home, late in the evening, taught my little boy more than he's been taught in school. I stayed up wondering how much longer in life would he have thought these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment